What is Holga?
|Holga 120GCFN box|
The Holga is an inexpensive medium format camera that was made in China. It has a simple meniscus lens that often yields pictures that display vignetting, blur, light leaks and many other distortions. This effect is what making Holga popular among film lover..
Back in October 2011 I bought Holga 120 GCFN. It was my first toy camera. Buying this camera was my first step of taking picture using film. I bought this camera from a blogshop called Roflcam for RM210 (with postage from Peninsular Malaysia to East Malaysia ( Sabah ).
Holga produce 3 series of toy camera to be chosen by photographer that is;
- 120 series ( medium format )
- 120 CFN, 120 GCFN, 120 TLR etc..
- 135 series ( 24mm x 36mm )
- 135 BC, 135TIM, 135 TLR etc..
- 110 series
- Holga Micro, Holga TFS
|Meet 120GCFN ;)|
Click here in case you want to buy them a camera from Roflcam.
- Type - Medium format
- Lens - Optical lens, f/8 60mm
- Film to be used - 120 format film / 135 film (with Superheadz adapter)
- View Finder - Eye Level, direct view finder
- Focusing - Adjustable
- Power for Flash - 2 AA size batteries (for 120FN, 120GFN, 120CFN & 120GCFN only)
- Dimensions 140 x 102 x 76mm
- Weight - 200g without batteries
- Accessories Included - 1 strap, 2 mask (size 16 & 12) and 1 take up spool
Picture taken using Holga 120GCFN
|Taken at Taman Banjaran Crocker|
|Tele lens intalled on Holga 120GCFN|
|Wide lens installed on Holga 120GCFN|